Build “International MICE Complex,” where the world meets and citizens join together A hub of international business exchange, leading the future global competitiveness of Seoul
※ MICE stands for Meeting, Incentives, Convention and Exhibition. In a narrow sense, it refers to a promising industry mainly for international conventions and exhibitions, though in a broader sense it refers to a convergence industry including participant-oriented incentive travels and events.
Foster major business facilities and leading the competitiveness of the city by strengthening exhibition/convention facilities and furthering international affairs.
- Utilize the large-scale public institution relocation sites to build an accumulation base for international affairs functions. (Hyundai Motors GBC and others)
- Expand the infrastructure for exhibition/convention linked to the area encompassing COEX, Hyundai Motors GBC, and Jamsil Sports Complex.
Make internationally renowned tourist attractions by building open spaces around the Hangang River and Tancheon Stream.
- By moving Olympic-daero, Tancheondong-ro, and Tancheonseo-ro underground, unique destinations can be created, integrating waterside areas around the Hangang River and Tancheon Stream.
- Improve Jamsil Sports Complex support facilities, and transform it into a complex with culture and entertainment facilities.
Enhance accessibility by expanding the transportation infrastructure, and establish a transit-oriented transportation system
- Underneath Yeongdong-daero, introduce integrated facilities (subway and metropolitan railway stations) and establish complex transfer centers.
- Create and implement management measures for the aboveground city, in consideration of the metropolitan railway passengers.